Raedeke Associates, Inc. is looking for an experienced Wetland Scientist. We are a small, employee-owned Environmental Consulting firm located in the Northgate area of north Seattle. The position is non-exempt hourly with a flexible work schedule. We have a casual office environment and offer free parking with easy access to many local services.
Summary of Duties
The successful candidate will demonstrate ability to manage projects and participate in all aspects related to wetland assessments, including wetland delineations, wetland ratings, data analysis, wetland mitigation and monitoring, permitting, and wetland report preparation.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, wildlife, or related fields
• Certification as a Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) or
• Wetland Professional in Training (WPIT) through the Society of Wetland Scientists
• Completed University of Washington Wetland Certification or similar program
• 5+ years of experience in wetland delineation and assessments
• Mitigation monitoring and reporting experience
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Knowledge of Washington State SEPA and regional wetland regulations
• PNW Section 404/401 wetland permitting experience
• Training and experience with the current Washington Department of Ecology (WDOE) Wetland Rating System and credit-debit analysis method for calculating mitigation requirements
• Valid driver’s license
• Construction work-site experience
• High resolution GPS, GIS, and CAD experience a plus
• Wage is $35 to $45/hour depending upon experience
• Competitive benefits package
Interested in applying for this position?