Raedeke Associates, Inc. is looking for an experienced Senior Level Wetland Scientist. We are a small, employee-owned Environmental Consulting firm located in the Northgate area of north Seattle. The position is non-exempt hourly with a flexible work schedule. We have a casual office environment and offer free parking with easy access to many local services.
Summary of Duties
The successful candidate will demonstrate ability to manage projects, scheduling, and field collaboration with other team members, and participate in all aspects related to wetland assessments, including wetland delineations, wetland ratings, data analysis, wetland mitigation and monitoring, permitting, report preparation and editing.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in plant ecology, environmental science, wildlife, or closely related fields • Certification as a Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) through the Society of Wetland Scientists
• Completion of University of Washington Wetland Certification or similar program strongly preferred
• Minimum 10 years of experience in wetland delineation and assessments
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Knowledge of Washington State SEPA and regional wetland regulations
• Wetland mitigation planning, design, implementation, and monitoring experience
• Clean Water Act Section 404/401 wetland, streams, and related federal, state, and local environmental permitting experience in the Pacific Northwest (particularly Washington state)
• Experience with invasive species management
• Training and experience with the current Washington Department of Ecology (WDOE) Wetland Rating System and credit-debit analysis method for calculating mitigation requirements
• Familiarity with AutoCAD, Bluebeam, and ESRI ArcGIS
• Wildlife ecology and fisheries, T&E species training, experience, and certifications a plus
• Valid driver’s license
• Construction work-site experience
• Wage is $42 – $52 per hour, depending on qualifications
• Competitive benefits package
Interested in applying for this position?